Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Neon Run 5K

Alrighty, it's the day after and it's time to start picking at the race. The race was fun however there was a shocking lack of UV lights and water. There had been 1 water station which had warm off tasting water and warm bottled water at the end as well. I really enjoyed being sprayed down just before the UV tents, it helped keep me cool when I was starting to feel a little muggy even if the paint that was mixed in itched me a little later. Parts of the "track/trail" were a little dangerous because there were giant holes, gravel, low hanging trees, or uneven pavement. We all avoided injury.

There was an awesome number of people that had obviously put in a lot of hard work into their running costumes. I was worried be had overdone it but next year we will know to go all the way out. ;) I'm planning to run next year in a glow in the dark tutu and a sports bra, go me! Now let's just hope I can meet my weight loss goal by then. This was an un-timed event so I sadly cannot list any official times but we'll plan to do a timed run next time.

Post-mortem on my feelings during the race. I felt so strong, exhilarated, I was ready to run and run hard. Like having been taking it easy this week made me feel like I had been pulling my punches when training. I felt like I could go on forever. I just felt really great. There are just no words.

Of course we went to Steak and Shake right afterwards and we each enjoyed one of their tasty milkshakes a post-race boost. The event may have disappointed me a little but I had fun with my girls and at the end of the day that's all that really matters right?

No comments:

Post a Comment