Thursday, December 19, 2013

December Fitness Goal

Before I state my fitness goal, let me show you how to create a S.M.A.R.T. Goal.

Step #1 - Be specific. Don't say I want to lose weight, say I want to lose X number of pounds.

Step #2 - It must be measurable. Your goal must be something you can meaqsure. Don't say I want to be fitter, say I want to do a mile in X number of minutes. Pretty much this needs to be a number that can be measured not just an idea. It can be weight, speed, BMI, anything you can possibly measure.

Step #3 - It must be something attainable. Obviously if you're new to running you goal will not be to win a 10K, maybe something like completing a run 3 times a week or losing a small amount of weight. Think of this goal as a mini goal to the larger goal.

Step #4 - It should be relevant. If you're planning to run your goal shouldn't be about how much you can benchpress. Use good sense.

Step #5 - Make the goal time sensitive so you will actually finish it. It's not enough to say by the end of the year set a specific date you can circle on your calendar, program in your phone whatever you need to do.

Step #6 - Reward yourself appropriately when you meet your goal. Meaning if your goal was to lose weight the best reward is probably not that all you can eat dessert buffet youre drooling over. Have ONE slice of cheesecake or something that makes you feel special.

My Goal: I will lose 4 pounds by December 31st by running three times a week and walking 10,000 steps daily and consuming 1,200 calories daily. If I meet this goal I will reward myself with a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment