Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rowing Day & Copycat Frozen Goat

Okay so let's talk about how this was the most un-motivating day since ever and yet it all turned around and it was so wonderful I'm about exploding with happiness! I will refrain from talking about work though I had a great day there today. When I got home I felt drained, so completely sleepy, I was beyond ready for lights out. Instead of sleeping like I thought about doing I made my favorite imitation of Planet Smoothie's Frozen Goat. In case you're interested I put the recipe below.

Making the Frozen Goat is so easy and it packs a punch as far as energy is concerned. It gives you immediate energy and sustainable energy so you don't completely crash.

Take 1 cup Cold Coffee (You can use instant to avoid refrigeration once percolated), 2 tablespoons low-fat creamer (best to go with one that doesn't have a crazy flavor in it), 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (you can substitute with low-fat hot cocoa mix) 1 large frozen banana sliced, and about 6 ice cubes. You can add soy or whey as well it should not affect the taste. The coffee and the chocolate give you the boost to get going and the banana gives you staying power. I know it's hard to find frozen bananas but its really easy to flash freeze them on your own. Just sliced them to about 1/4 inch thickness and place on a tray in the freezer for an hour and then put it a ziploc bag and keep in freezer for future use. See? Easy. :)

In any case, after I felt extremely full I picked up around the apartment a bit and went to check the mail adn my replacement FitBit arrived and I am soooo happy! If you're a Facebook friend you should be able to find me pretty easily or if you're not on Facebook you can find me by me email. Comment below if you would like to friend me on either social platform ;) So of course I immediately went back to the apartment to get it charged and synced up to take with my when I go to the gym. I can't believe how relieved I was. I just haven't been able to stay on top of my fitness food wise without it telling me "how much I'm allowed to eat."

So I get to the Gym and I have to wait a few minutes for the Rowing Machine to open up (bear in mind my LA Fitness only has TWO! what an oversight.)There's a guy warming up beside the other machine while I get started to go and we're keeping pretty good pace at the same time. Over the intercom they are starting to say 5 minutes until the Gym closes which was perfect because that's about how much time I had left on my half hour timer. :) I make it to the end and the guy beside me goes to a stop and asks if I cross-train in rowing or if I row professionally. I tell him I've only rowed twice in my life and have the blisters to prove it and as it turns out this man was the coach for a local team! He suggested a tryout if I'm just beginning and my stats are that good, enough to keep pace with the coach! By the way my stats are below:

Time: 30 Minutes
Distance: 5360 meters or 3.33 miles
Average Pace: 35 strokes/minute

I'm not really sure I can make the time or monetary commitment and I don't want to get caught up in two athletic hobbies. I want to lose weight but I don't want to completely disappear, lol. That being said I will start to track my progress on this as well since it might turn out to be a nice hobby later on when money is better, I'm stronger, and I've proven my dedication to fitness is more than a passing fancy.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't the Frozen Goat have pb in it? Not on the menu anymore. 😭 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete