Monday, May 27, 2013

Run Day & Unusual Quandry

Okay so today I did my 30 minute maintenance run. My average pace over 1.95 miles was 15'24" which saved off roughly 40 seconds from my run on Saturday. I am hoping that when I do my run on Thursday during my 30 minutes I make it to 2.25 miles - probably just wishful thinking again. I really tried to pace myself better and I didn't start having real trouble until about a quarter into the mile. When my timer told me I only had 4 minutes to go I pushed the envelope through the pain as much as possible. Like Saturday my body gave up before my will to keep going did. The simple truth might just be that my legs are not strong enough for this yet. That being said I can't crosstrain with emphasis on the legs to build strength. I might just continue with the overall toning of rowing. Will update this post again a little later. I'm just glad I finished strong this time and not just walking all of the last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment