Sunday, May 19, 2013

Running Day and Vera Bradley Travel Belt

I ultimately decided I'd rather use the fitness Nike + App on my iPod  it is still accurate and I don't have to keep checking my phone to see how much distance I've traveled. As you can see I have't adjusted for Daylights Savings yet on this device lol and I didn't do nearly as well this time around and that is probably because I slacked off Thursday-Saturday trying to get the house in order to move. Sucky timing.

"Don't wait until you're ready. Start now. The circumstances will not be perfect and you won't get it perfect. Start now, however, and you will get it done...Do you want to waste your time and energy on elaborate excuses or would you rather invest yourself in achievement? Get started now and get the achievement well under way" - Ralph Marston, The Daily Motivator

I found this nugget on Mindbloom.com which is a way to get yourself psyched for life balancing your life with things you want to do and "rewarding" you for completing tasks to better yourself. After finding this quote on there I went to his blog The Daily Motivator and is is a great tool to inspire you each day. In fact I like this blog so well I think I've just decided on the first relevant blog to put into my blogroll. :)

Anyway, back to my terrible workout. I'm going to break down what worked today from what didn't. First things first the weather was not on my side today, nor do I expect it to be until October which is thankfully when the race takes place and also thankfully at night. :) The humidity was at 55% and it was 90 degrees. I prepared as best as I could, I wore a tech shirt and tech capris, my hair was up, I was well hydrated but the sun still gave me a massive headache and sapped my energy. I imagine it's a matter of just getting used to it at this point. You can see how my energy started flagging in the last quarter.I will run a separate review of the Nike+ Website later since I've only just started using it I'm not really familiar with all its capabilities yet.

I also chose to run around my apartment complex to save the gas from driving all the way over to the trail in the next town. The end result of this was less motivation. I know it's petty but I do enjoy passing people and because no one else uses my complex as a circuit (though really its perfect) there's just not as much motivation to push myself. I did find a pace timer app on my phone but I'm hesitant to use it since it's unlikely I will hear it over my iPod and as previously mentioned I don't want to have to keep pulling my phone out to check since it'd done in increments of seconds. I don't really have a quick fix for this other than maybe to wear a cheap wrist watch with a stopwatch feature so I can peak at it without stopping. Actually that seems like a really good idea! Go me!

Timex Women's 1440 Sports Watch, Blue Resin Strap @ Wal-Mart for
$14.88. It has a whole list of pretty much pointless features (at least for me) which include Indiglo night light, Stop Watch (the only feature I intend to use), 24 hour countdown timer, 24 hour chronograph, daily alarm, 2 time zones, calendar, day and night display, water resistant to 165'. I will probably wait to get this until next since this week I blew the extra grocery money on a used Vera Bradley Travel Belt that I found at Plato's Closet for $16.

 I decided on this particular "fanny pack" "runners belt" "hip bag" "travel belt" (yes there are that many ways to refer to the same item) because it can be washed, cheaper than specifically designed runners belts, more organized than fanny packs, and was skinny like a travel belt that even when bulging remains mostly flush against your body. I choose to wear mine on my back rather than on my tummy because my vanity can't reconcile wearing a bag on my waist lol. It might look bulgy in the picture but I assure you it's just my butt ;P
 I fill this bag up like I would POST work out so I don't forget to take everything with me and carry it into the house so I don't have to play the where did I leave it game. In the front little zip pocket I have put my iPod Nano and my ear buds which fit very nicely there.
 This is a snap shot of the inside. I have 3 card slots and an ID slot which work out nicely so I can carry my ID, debit card, credit card, and insurance card in case I have an accident or emergency. I also have room for my inhaler. I'm know exceptionally known for asthma attacks brought on by physical distress but it has happened on occasion - which it did today - really glad I had it with me. I also have room for my keys and I mean ALL my keys. My car key and apartment keys are massive.
This picture is a little bit of an elaboration on the last because you can't really see it in the last one. In a flat pocket that is about the size of the whole bag which is probably meant for passport and money holds my Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Phone) very nicely which is a suprise since it's one the largest and heaviest phones out there excepting the new Note ;) I also have my Belkin iPod ArmBand in there and they both fit with room to spare so if I need to carry something else this baby can handle it all. :)

One of the things I like most about this bag is that it is 100% adjustable so if I lose the inches off the waistline that I hope to it will still work nicely for me and if you place the belt right at your hip, literally right over your hip bones it stays stable and does not move or jiggle all over the place at all which would've been my biggest pet peeve with any other bag. I guess what I mean to say its large and small at the same time - like so many Vera Bradley bags. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment