Tuesday, June 25, 2013

30 Minute Run & Tuesday Night Zumba & Reward System?

Okay so first things first, I took a week off from running because I was very discouraged by missing race registration. That being said I created a list of Rewards for making it to certain mileage points. However I will go on about my run first :)

Its was a very humid afternoon, I would've waited to go later but I knew I was going to do Zumba with my Bestie and you can't do anything after Zumba except die (which I did). Below is the graph of my run. You can see I started strong but I just go so tired at the end I ended up walking most of it.

My average pace for the first mile was 12'57", for the second mile it was 14'21". My overall average pace was 13'55". The most glaring contributing factor was skipping a week of running and the heat. I have learned for me the optimal time to eat before a run to not get an upset stomach is 6 hours. Most people have a light snack to amp up before a run but I seem to get to nauseas when I try that. I suppose I'm better running on empty and replenishing anything I've lost afterwards.

I went to Zumba with Kathy and while it's fun the consistent on part of my toes is kinda painful. I'm working through it but I think my running shoes aren't good for this kind of exercise but oh well not buying separate shoes for that. I kinda want to check out the WG LA Fitness to see how theire instructors are since they have a class every day. Will post with further information.

My current running mileage (Im not using my FitBit walking mileage only Nike+ Running Mileage to be fair) is 34.34 Miles. This list is only eligible until the end of the year. New year starts and I have to start all over again. Okay, so these are my tentative mileage rewards I have set for myself (to be reviewed by Orin sometime this week):

  • 50 Miles - A New Book ($10 value)
  • 75 Miles - Trip to the Orlando Regional History Museum ($10 value)
  • 100 Miles - Cooling Towel ($20 value)
  • 125 Miles - Sports Ear Clips Head Phones ($20 value)
  • 150 Miles - See a Movie ($20 value)
  • 175 Miles - OPI gelcolor Nail Service @ Ulta ($25 value)
  • 200 Miles - Hour Massage @ Ultimate Orlando Massage ($40 value)
  • 225 Miles - Dermalogica Medibac Clearing Skin Treatment @ Ulta ($65 value)
  • 250 Miles - New Running Shoes ($100 Value)
  • 275 Miles - Wifi Aria Wireless Scale ($130 value)
  • 300 Miles - Nike GPS Watch ($160 value)
  • Bonus 300 Miles + Gym Visits 3x a Week - Disney Annual Pass ($470 value)


No comments:

Post a Comment