Saturday, June 15, 2013

Clermont Waterfront parkrun - Weekly Free 5K Timed Run

Okay I ran in my first timed race this weekend and while I was nowhere near head of the line overall, in fact total of runners were 54 and I was in 41st place, 27th place out of the ladies, BUT I was second place for women in my age category. I completed the 5k in 41"42. I really needed the little encouragement to keep going. Below is my Nike+ recording of the run.

You can see I started out really strong and then truly fell off, I burned out all my energy trying to stay ahead of the teenagers and the triathletes, I was really tempted to push it but it wasn't worth it for having to walk so much at the end. However my overall pace was 13"30 which makes me really happy. My splits were this: First mile 12"04', Second mile 13"34', third mile 14"38'. While it was sad to see so many people pass me I do have to remember most of them have been running considerably longer or are considerably younger so I am not disappointed. You check out the results page for yourself here.

My experience was Parkrun is good, you run around a beautiful waterfront lake view and everyone is friendly and considerate clapping and cheering on until the last person finishes regardless of time, age, or ability. I felt welcomed and supported. While I was there I spoke with someone about the West Orange Runners Meetup and I joined this morning. :) Looking forward to making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment