Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Losing Motivation & Ramen=Bad

Okay so by now most of my friends already know that I missed registration for The Glass Slipper Challenge due to waiting on housing stuff so that's three races I have missed already. I'm starting to feel like running towards a pace is a waste of time until things are settled down, maybe wait to register for anything until the end of 2014 to race in 2015. I'm still going to follow the most up to date training guides as if I am still running to really deep condition myself so it will be easier for me next year. All that being said I'm really sad about missing registration it was closed before 6PM on the first registration day.

In any case I ran today because I didn't run yesterday because I was having a bit of a pity party which really isn't a big deal I'm just very anxious.

Anyway without further ado this is the graph of my run. I hate that Nike+ on the graphs doesn't show the second decimal, bah, I ran 2.19 miles.

I made the huge mistake of eating Ramen noodles 3 hours before running. I thought that would be plenty of time to digest but evidently my stomach is too sensitive to exercise with that anywhere in my digestive track. I was fighting puking the whole second half. But I didn't really lose energy, I just made a bad judgement call on my refuel. All that being said I still increased my average pace to 13'45" which is a great accomplishment.

Furthermore, I really enjoyed the night run. 8PM seems to be the perfect time to run - it's still light out but its cool and no real sun and the breeze felt terrific. I wish I would've remembered to run with my watch today but oh well, I'll run again tomorrow and see how I do. And yes I know I'm not supposed to run two days in a row but I missed my other running day and will complete all three days this week. I will just have to not push the envelope tomorrow so I don't get muscle soreness. Speaking of, soaked my legs already and getting ready to enjoy a post workout sherbet as my reward for increasing my pace and completing the training even though I won't be running any races.

No comments:

Post a Comment