Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Trick Yourself Into Drinking H20


Okay, so I can't be the only person in the world that struggles to drink the right amount of water every day and thus struggling to lose weight.

So I did some research on what a person can do to "trick" themselves into drinking more water and some of the tips I found made really good sense and those I will share with you know and will update in 2 weeks about weather the experiment was successful personally.

1. Make drinking water a part of your routine. If you have a well-established routine adding a glass of water will make you more likely to get to the almighty 64 oz. I will personally add drinking a glass of water to following brushing my teeth in the morning and evening, when I arrive at work, when I leave work, on my 2 breaks and on my lunch. Just on drinking a glass of water when I do something that I always do I have found a way to drink SEVEN glasses of water.

2. Carry a water bottle with you and mark it with time increments so that you drink that much by a certain hour. I don't know that this one would personally work for me but it might for someone who doesn't have routines in their day.

3. Set alerts on your phone to go along with your routines or time increment bottle to further establish the time ritual.

4. Make it a game, try using Habitica, you can this to help establish regular routines if you don't have them already, bonus, there's a social/competitive aspect if this appeals more to you. They also have an accompanying app, in the app store search for HabitRPG.

5. Try infused water if you just can't stand the taste of nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment