Sunday, December 20, 2015

Correcting Swayback

Since going to my personal training the Sunday before last I did my own catalog of postural issues that may or have come up while training.

It is possible to have such weak glutes and abs that your tilt your pelvis forward and push your butt out. Today I attempted to walk and sit properly, meaning that my stomach was stacked directly above my butt and the sensation was so foreign it felt like I was going to fall backwards and I could barely hold the position for more than a few minutes at a time! Talk about being super weak! This could explain why so many things related to balance and upper body strength and I am even lower than a novice.  It was a humbling experience to be sure.

After doing some extensive research I found a few websites that offered some exercise suggestions to help correct Swayback. Pilates and Yoga has proven to be a recurring theme.

Websites
  1. IDEA Corrective Exercises: Swayback Posture
  2. LiveStrong Swayback Posture Exercises
  3. ePain Assist Lumbar Lordosis or Lumbar Swayback: 5 Simple Corrective Exercises, Tips For Prevention
  4. YogaBack A Holistic Approach to Correcting a Sway Back Standing Posture

No comments:

Post a Comment