Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Classes - Yoga & Zumba


Today I did the Yoga and Zumba classes and hung out in the sauna for a bit after the fact. The up to calorie burn for these classes was 280 and 550. My calorie burn was 570.8 which is about 69% of the up to calorie burn listed for the class.



These is my short notes on the Yoga class. As a beginner I found many of the floor exercises very painful on my hands as they are not used to holding up my whole upper body and those are weak muscles for me. The instructor said over time it will grow to be more comfortable and that using a rolled over mat or soft towel where my hands are for downward facing dog should help a little in the mean time. I learned the trainer was right it is much easier to balance on the left side of my body than the right presumably because my posture on the right is a little off because of my feet. Doing the eagle pose was especially difficult so I look forward to working more in this class since there is a lot of room for growth. That might be why I didn't reach close to the up to calorie burn. Note that between 4:30 and 5:30 my heart rate stayed mostly around 90 but I did feel a lot of muscle working so I'm wondering how heart rate doing something besides cardio exactly looks like. Something to research a little later.

These are my short notes for the Zumba class. I had the same instructor as I had from Sunday morning and I found her class more enjoyable the 2nd time around since I was familiar with the music selections and routines as she seems to always use a specific routine for certain songs. I really tried to execute the moves sharply to get the most out of it since I knew my calorie burn from yoga would be less than ideal.

Following my 2 classes I spent 15 minutes in the sauna and I spoke with a girl who I had done Zumba with on Sunday and that evening about what kinds of weight machines were where and when the quietest hour was for me to look around without looking lost. Not that I really feel self-conscious about being a newb it's more that I want to be respected for my efforts and doing my due diligence. In any case while I was in the sauna my heart rate stayed consistently between 120 and 130. I sweat quite a bit but I never felt dizzy or nauseas. It was nice and soothing on my sore arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment