Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday Classes - Body Works Plus Abs & Zumba

I took Body Works Plus Abs and Zumba classes at LA Fitness yesterday and while I didn't burn the up to amount of calories (990) I did burn 697.6.  Details below.


Now for my review on the classes. The Body Works Plus Abs class really pushed me and about half way through I needed to put down the weights because it felt like my arms had been sawed off. Obviously I am very weak in my arms and shoulders so I'm glad that I will be taking this classes a few times a week to help get stronger there. The Zumba class was very high energy but I didn't know a lot of the music chosen but when they did playa  song I knew it was infinitely more fun. Perhaps with regular attendance I will grow more accustomed to the music selections.

I had a complimentary personal training yesterday as well for one hour and overall these were the results. I have excellent posture on the my left side but poor posture on my right. My poor muscle groupings are my Shoulders, Triceps, Abdominals, and to a lesser degree my Lower Back. My range of motion is excellent overall. The trainer worked me around my heart rate zones from my watch and was cautious about over-doing it and providing encouragement on the exercises I was most weak with. I burned 285 calories over the hours I spent with them working my upper body. Overall I wish I could see a trainer at least once a week but it's beyond expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment